Friday, June 21, 2013

A Soul Blossoming in Nature

I love flowers. Together with raindrops, they are my favorite subjects for my photography. So I also collect flower quotes that I can partner with my flower photos. This is one of my favorites. It's from Gerard de Nerval. I love how he refers to flowers as souls blossoming in nature.


This is  a photo of "baby's breath". This flower is generally used as an add on to bouquets. It is so small, that we hardly pay attention to it. However, as you can see, its beauty can stand alongside any of the other flowers that we usually see. There is really so much beauty around us!

By the way, I used this very exact photoquote as the back cover of my flower book. Here is the link: http://www.blurb.com/b/3573623-flowers-smile-when-they-see-me

No comments:

Post a Comment