Monday, April 8, 2013

Dancing in the Rain


I took this photo of participants dancing in the rain during the Aliwan Festival in 2008. It was my first time to watch this festival and it rained heavily that afternoon.  It was also my first time to join an OTS or an "on the spot" photo contest.

Poor dancers, the rain was so hard, they had to scamper for cover. We, photographers, also looked for cover. I shared a tent with some other photographers and we were so cramped in that small space we could hardly move. The important thing was, we had to protect our cameras from the rain!

After sometime however, I guess the dancers got tired of waiting for the rain to stop, they were getting wet anyway, so they started dancing even in the rain. Since we were so cramped in our tent, I tried to look for a space where I can focus my camera to get a shot of what was happening. There was no space at all but down, between the legs of people. That's how I ended up with this shot - the legs of the dancers!

I was lucky the judges of the our photo contest appreciated how I was able to get this photo, so I got 2nd place for this!

Anyway, I think this photo and the quote from Vivian Green fit perfectly together. Don't you agree?


By the way, I have an article about the Aliwan Festival. If you are interested, here is the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment