Friday, April 26, 2013

For Every Drop of Rain that Falls

I love this song, "I believe". The lyrics are what immediately came to mind when I uploaded this photo of raindrops on my computer.


The whole song is so inspirational and I always get goosebumps every time I sing it. I think, one of these days, I will make another "photoquote" with the other sections of the lyrics

It has been recorded by so many artists, from Frank Sinatra to Elvis Presley and the Lettermen such that it is now hard to determine who wrote the original song. That's why I just wrote "unknown" as the author.

Anyway, here is the whole song:

"I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows.
I believe that somewhere in the darkest night, a candle glows.
I believe for everyone who goes astray, someone will come to show the way.
I believe, I believe.

I believe above the storm the smallest pray'r will still be heard.
I believe that someone in the great somewhere hears every word.
Every time I hear a newborn baby cry, or touch a leaf or see the sky,
Then I know why I believe!"

No comments:

Post a Comment